Thursday, January 22, 2009

News: Gamerscore blog team let go by Microsoft.....



.....and it's news like this that really saddens me, because Microsoft says they're all about community. Sure, they have a lot of problems, but what huge company doesn't? But letting go a large part of their direct link with the people who like their products and services doesn't sit well with me. I understand why this happened - the economy sucks, and they had to trim their belt a bit. But it's people like Major Nelson and the Gamerscore blog folks who kept their community alive, so I would think they could find a way to keep those few people under their employ. I don't really have much else to say about it except that, especially since the 1up debacle, I've found it increasingly more important for me to go to the smaller sites and blogs for more in-depth and thoughtful discussions. Gamerscore blog was no doubt part of Microsoft's PR machine, but when you look at how Sony does things, you should be able to appreciate what Microsoft was aiming for with the blog team. This sucks, but at least some other company will eventually pick up some enthusiastic people who actually care about what people like us have to say.


No comments:

Post a Comment