Tuesday, January 13, 2009

And you shall know My name is Jehovah!


I played Call of Juarez back when it released, and I remember looking forward to it for quite some time. And while it didn't meet my expectations, it did manage to provide some great firefights. The duel six-shooters were pretty bad ass, actually. Even though overall I think they missed the mark, at least the combat really made me feel like I was in a western.


I remember liking the preacher a lot -- you could sneak up to an enemy and recite lines from the bible to him, and when he stopped to listen, shoot him in the face.




I swear to God I almost converted religions.


The developers must have thought half a good game is the same as a full one, because that's how long you were able to play as the preacher. The other half was a clogged toilet of shit stealth missions with a borderline retarded kid who really needed to have the bible read to him. I say secondary, because for me it was all about the preacher. I'd never played a character like that before, nor have I since. If they would have just stuck with him and lengthened his part of the story, I probably wouldn't have traded the game in after I finished it.


But alas, they did, and so did I, and here we are. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood was just announced today, and I don't know what to think. Part of me wants to believe they'll make something more out of it; but on the other hand, they're a relatively small developer who's already working on another game. I'm pretty sure it will never be what I want it to be, though. I would love to have a western-themed, first person RPG -- maybe something along the lines of an Oblivion or Fallout, but with a world more like Deadwood's. That is my dream, and I cannot die until it is realized. In the meantime, I'll probably be looking forward to more of this:




Fucking hell, this was the most retarded shit ever. There was a door right behind me.



No comments:

Post a Comment