Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Deadly Premonition - More Horror Bang for your Buck





In keeping with my promotion of budget titles, I give you another probably little-known game that's slated for a March 2010 release at $19.99. Developed by Access Games (the guys who made Spy Fiction) and published by Ignition Entertainment (they also published Muramasa: The Demon Blade in North America), Deadly Premonition is a survival horror game where you play as Francis Morgan, a detective out to solve a murder in - you guessed it - some fucked up place where weird shit is going down. All I've seen is the trailer that I'll have below, so I'm only slightly more informed than you are. But from watching it, the game looks interesting. One could say the graphics aren't cutting-edge, and they would be right. But there were parts in the trailer, such as the women whispering in each others' ears while some weirdo children with wings or something sit on swings, that had a suitably creepy vibe to it. I hope the game turns out well, because I love the horror genre - be it in movies or games. If nothing else, I've never played anything that, as a contextual game mechanic, had you trying to pull a woman's arm out of your mouth. That's fucked up.





For more info on the game, their website is pretty cool. There's a blog from the game director which is obviously translated into English from Japanese. Good times.



No comments:

Post a Comment